Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday 20 August 2012

Allow People to Send You a Message in Google+

Even though I use Facebook a lot more than I use Google+, I have started checking the Google+ iOS app a little more often lately because there are some interesting people who do post there. One thing I noticed about Google+ is that you can really control how people connect with you via email or messages.
For example, there is no way to post on someone else’s wall. You can comment on a post made by someone else, but there is no way to actually post something onto another person’s Google+ wall. I wanted to get in contact with someone, so I figured there had to be a way to email or send a message. In Google+, you can completely hide these options if you do not want anyone to be able to contact you.
However, being a blogger myself, I wanted people to be able to send me a message or email me if they wanted to get in touch. In this article, I’ll walk you through the steps to change your contact settings in Google+ so that people can either email you or send you a message.
First, log into your Google+ account and click on Profile.
google plus profile
Next click on the Edit Profile button at the top of your profile.
edit profile
You should be automatically switched to the About tab, but if not, go ahead and click on the About tab. You’ll see a button called Change contact settings.
change contact settings
Now you will see options for letting people send you a message or email you via a link on your profile:
google plus contact
You can choose from Extended Circles, Public, Your Circles, Only You, or Custom. This really gives you fine-grain control over exactly who can contact you.
circles
Once you allow people to contact you, you should see links at the bottom of your profile like this:
send an email
That’s about it! Not sure why my profile was setup by default so that no one was able to contact via or send me a message, but it’s simple to change. Check out my profile on Google+ and stay in touch. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
trickstipsall4u.blogspot.com Webutation
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

M

ad

Contact Me

flagcounter

free counters